My Opinion on Pluto!!

y I Am Against Pluto

By: Hayden Vance

In the two recent articles “What is a planet” by NASA and “When is a planet” by Daniel Santos, the authors discuss Pluto’s classification. The issue is some people have different opinions about the decisions that were made. I strongly believe that Pluto shouldn’t be a planet because of 2/3 criterion and its awkward orbit.

I strongly believe that Pluto should not be a planet because Pluto doesn’t meet third criterion. Pluto has not cleared its neighborhood. To clear its neighborhood, it must be big enough to pull neighboring objects into itself, or sling-shot them around the planet and shoot them off into outer space. Because of this evidence, I strongly believe Pluto should not be a planet.

My second and final reason is Pluto has a awkward orbit . Pluto’s orbit flows into Neptune’s orbit. My source states that its orbit is tilted a little bit. Sometimes people think there is a invisible disk. It also flows around a planet that NASA found called Eris’s orbit. Because of this evidence, I still strongly believe Pluto should not be a Planet.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that Pluto should not be a planet. In the two recent articles “What is a planet” by NASA and “When is a planet” by Daniel Santos, I found evidence in these texts that helped support my opinion.